NEW BOOK! - Read Lockdown on London Lane on Wattpad



I've seen a lot of people being creative during lockdown, and for a while, I was frustrated at how unmotivated I was to do anything. One deadline and another round of edits on a book later, I felt like I was back in my groove. I felt inspired. And after sending the edits off to my agent, I started writing something new.

So, without further ado... 

Introducing a brand-new collection of short stories, which I'll be posting on Wattpad every week: Lockdown on London Lane! 



Lockdown on London Lane is a collection of five short stories, each one following a different character who’s quarantined in the building for a week. There will be friendships, romance, and (hopefully) a sprinkling of comedic banter, too.

Each story will be a couple of chapters long - and keep an eye out for crossovers between characters in each one! 

I'll post one story a week, starting next Tuesday (28th April).

It’s been a while since I’ve posted an original work on Wattpad, I know, but when I started writing this one, I decided that was exactly where I should share it. (And heck, I thought, why not share it?)

It’s also worth saying this is an adult book, rather than Young Adult; all the characters are twenty-somethings. Just to set expectations!

As a little teaser, here's what to expect from each story...


PART 1: Getting to Know You


Imogen likes to believe she’s the kind of girl who doesn’t give a damn what anybody thinks. After she’s quarantined with her one-night stand, Nate, who’s not altogether impressed by her attitude, maybe it’s time for Imogen to re-think how she sees herself. And, just maybe, spark a little romance in the process.


PART 2: The Honeymooners


Isla is totally loved-up with her new-boyfriend, Danny – but after only a month of dating, being forced to live together for a week is… well, it's a little more than she was expecting. And it turns out that in close quarters, Danny’s not exactly what she was expecting, either. It’s time to see if their honeymoon period can survive the ultimate test.


PART 3: The Pineapple Problem


Serena and Zach’s relationship has been on the rocks for a while. She was ready to throw him out after a screaming row, but now they’re stuck on lockdown for the rest of the week. While Zach’s keen to sort out their differences, Serena’s not so sure things can work out. Who knew finding out your boyfriend likes pineapple on pizza could ruin everything?


PART 4: Maid of Horror


Olivia is more than happy to host a weekend of wedding-planning. It’s in the job description, as maid of honour! What she’s less happy about, is having to host the bride and two relative strangers in her flat for an entire week, especially once the champagne stops flowing and the claws come out.


PART 5: Dear Charlotte


With the building on lockdown, Ethan’s girlfriend is stuck at her parents’, leaving him by himself for a week. And you know what this whole thing has made him realise? He wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Now he just has to figure out how to actually tell Charlotte that. With a week to plan the perfect proposal, what can possibly go wrong?



One of the things I've loved seeing since lockdown started is all the different stories people are sharing of their situation. Back home with parents, staying with a sibling unexpectedly, suddenly moving in with their significant other or else choosing to spend months apart from them... 

And you guys know me. I write the kind of thing I like to read - so I guess it was only a matter of time before I started writing some kind of quarantine book. 

(Which is obviously not to make light of the situation or sound like An Arsehole, but everyone's doing what they can to get through this, and I hope this book will provide some light relief.)

Anyway - I've been having a lot of fun writing this book, and really hope you guys enjoy reading it on Wattpad

You can read a little introduction right here - add it to your library and make sure you're following me on Wattpad (where you can find me simply @Reekles) so you don't miss any new updates!

Oh - and let me know which story you're looking forward to most!



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.