Road trip book perfect for... well, a road trip

July 18, 2016
Summer is the perfect time to read books about road trips, so in this post I share a few recommendations.

Summer seems to be the time for road trips… If you’re heading off on one, or maybe just feeling a little nostalgic for one, here are some books about road trips.

An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green

Thinking of reading this one again sometime soon – maybe not one of my favourites, but a good read nonetheless.

Let’s Get Lost, by Ali Alsaid

I’ve not got around to reading this one yet, but am SO looking forward to it! It’s got great write-ups and looks like a really fun read.

Paper Towns, by John Green

Slightly sad to say that I saw the movie before I read the book (and I still haven’t read the book??? What am I doing?!) but the movie was great, and I know the book gets a lot of recommendations. Even my sister, who isn’t the world’s biggest bookworm, loved this one.

Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, by Morgan Matson

Oh man, do I love Morgan Matson’s novels! I first received Epic Detour as a freebie (I can’t remember where) and just adore it. Definitely makes the list as a favourite!


The Last Summer of Us, by Maggie Harcourt

Admittedly, I didn’t have high expectations when I bought this – I mostly bought it because it featured Welsh characters and was cheap on Kindle – but it was a pleasant surprise and a great read!


All the Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven

Maybe not exactly all about a road trip, but it features a little road trip or two! Fair warning: you’ll want a box of tissues and a tub of ice cream at the ready if you’re going to take on this one.

13 Little Blue Envelopes, by Maureen Johnson
No road trip book list would be complete without this gem! A fun, funny, and sparkling read from Maureen Johnson, this was one of the best books I read last summer.

Night Owls, by Jenn Bennett
Maybe not conventional road trip book, but the characters meet on the night bus, so that kind of counts, right? I’m definitely very excited to read this one.

Have you got any recommendations for road trip books? I'd love to hear them!


Also, if you’re still looking for more road trip related books, check out this page on Goodreads – plenty of book recs to keep you occupied!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.